Claypot Chicken Rice (without claypot)
I was inspired by this dish when I saw Jade’s version on her FB. For such dishes (Singaporean & Peranaken cuisine), I like to visit RasaMalaysia and I used her recipe as a guide.
I love this dish because it is easy to prepare and definitely tasty too! I just need to stir-fry the chicken, mushroom and lap cheong and then daump everything into the cooker and wait for the hubs to return from his studies. Yum! Yum!
Ingredients (serves 2)
1 cup rice
1/2 skinless chicken breast & 5 chicken wing (without drumsticks) – because these are all I have =p
1 stalk scallion (chopped)
3 shitake mushrooms (soak in hot water for 30 minutes and cut into halves)
1 Chinese sausage (sliced)
Seasoning for chicken:
1 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon corn starch
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
3 dashes white pepper powder
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon Shaoxing cooking wine (or rice wine)
Seasoning for rice:
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
1 pinch of salt
1. Chop the chicken thigh and chicken wings into pieces.
2. Add the chicken seasoning and mix well. Marinate for an hour in the fridge.
4. Add the rice seasoning and cooking oil into the rice and start cooking the rice.
5. At the same time, heat up a wok with some cooking oil. Add in the Chinese sausage, chicken and shitake mushrooms.
6. Quickly stir-fry the chicken until half-cooked. Add in the chopped scallions. Dish out and set aside.
7. Add the chicken into the rice cooker when the rice is almost dry and continue to cook till rice is completely cooked.
8. Leave the rice cooker on “Stay Warm” for 15 – 20 mintues before serving.
9. Top the chicken rice with coriander leaves.